Tuesday, April 22, 2025

Book review: NORTH, by Sawyer Bennett


Pittsburgh Titans #16

North Paquette & Farren Abrams


I didn’t click very well with this book because I don’t like the “brothers’s best friend” trope. However, the way the author wrote it was much better than other versions I’ve read. North was a bit reluctant to sleep with Farren and keep it from her brother Rafferty, who is his teammate. Although Farren wanted to keep the secret, North kept fighting it because it didn’t feel honest, and I loved that. 


I found North to be such an upstanding guy. Friendly, honest, a team player, concerned about all his teammates, sees them as family.  A rockstar in bed, and a rock of support when you need it. He’s the perfect book boyfriend!


I saw Farren as a lost one. From a traumatic experience in her teens, she’s closed herself off from any close relations, and seems to live a driftless life. Her family, including Rafferty, call her a free spirit. It boggles my mind that she has a near genius IQ, could do anything she wanted to do, and her family just let her breeze around in all her failures. Plus, she’s brilliant, she could have figured it out or seek help. It was frustrating!


For all these reasons, the book didn’t exactly click with me, even though I loved all the scenes with the Titans, the games, the women in the Titans’ friend circle, and above all, the suspense with Penn Navarro. I was a bit disappointed there was no sighting of my idol Brianne Norcross, but Willa and Mazzy appear frequently, as they have befriended Farren. Outside of her emotional issues, Farren is a delightful friend, smart and entertaining. Just allergic to commitment, sigh.


The writing is superb as always, the pace perfect, and the characters wonderful. It’s always a delight to read a book written by Sawyer Bennett!


Purchase links


Buy direct from Sawyer:

➜ Ebook: https://geni.us/STORE_NorthEbook

➜ Audio: https://geni.us/STORE_NorthAudio

➜ Paperback: https://geni.us/STORE_NorthPB


Get it at all other retailers:

➜ Amazon: https://geni.us/Q1S8G

➜ Nook: https://geni.us/5XB9

➜ Apple: https://geni.us/MAWWC8E

➜ Google: https://geni.us/g32Ok

➜ Kobo: https://geni.us/deNOy1


NORTH is narrated by Stephen Dexter and Savannah Peachwood.

➜ Apple: https://geni.us/NorthAudio_Apple

➜ Chirp: https://geni.us/NorthAudio_Chirp

➜ LibroFM: https://geni.us/NorthAudio_LibroFM

➜ Nook: https://geni.us/NorthAudio_Nook

➜ Spotify: https://geni.us/NorthAudio_Spotify

➜ Storytel: https://geni.us/NorthAudio_Storytel


About the author


When Sawyer Bennett isn’t writing New York Times, USA 

Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling books, she’s listening to her favorite audios, 

catering to her dogs, and schlepping her daughter to and from the horse barn. Known for 

strong character development and romance that caters to a wide variety of readers, find 

Sawyer at https://geni.us/SawyerBennett


Connect with Sawyer:

✦ Facebook: http://bit.ly/Sawyer_FB

✦ Reader group: http://bit.ly/Sawyer_NEP 

✦ Instagram: http://bit.ly/Sawyer_IG

✦ TikTok: https://bit.ly/Sawyer_TOK 

✦ Goodreads: http://bit.ly/Sawyer_GR







 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book review: FALLEN ROOK, by L.J. Shen

Society of Villains #3 Enzo & Tom ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This book swept me off my feet!  I went in thinking I understood the dynamic between Tom Ro...