The Kensingtons: Second Generation #4
Rory & Flynn
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
What a delicious book! From the previous books, I just knew Rory and Flynn had a thing for each other. Like little kids in kindergarten, boys tease the little girls they like (Flynn), and girls are annoyed by the little boys they secretly like (Rory). And everyone knows that Rory’s boyfriend is a douche-canoe, and their time together was coming up short.
So when this book starts, I’m all for it, because I know Rory and Flynn belong together. When Flynn’s father denies him the trust fund he’s been dangling since college, Flynn decides to take action. Since losing his friend Penn to a drug overdose during freshman year, he's dreamed of creating a foundation to help college students who are feeling lonely, isolated, and overwhelmed by the pressures of university life. But, he needs a lot more money than he already has. Unfortunately, his father's condition for releasing the trust fund is simple: get a girlfriend, get engaged, and settle down. So Flynn turns to Rory.
Rory is newly single after her boyfriend Carson was found in a scandalous situation and the video was seen far and wide. She accepts the fake engagement with Flynn, he moves into her apartment, things start heating up and the bed starts hopping!
I knew Flynn has hidden depths, he’s known to be a nice guy despite his playboy fame, and this book shows them all up. The fun part is that Rory starts to discover them, and we are all delighted. Also, I knew Flynn has a thing for Rory and I loved that as Rory discovers his attributes (physical and personality) she starts to fall.
I love that the author gives us a hard time, with Rory’s second-guessing and Flynn’s insecurity about her, but Flynn shows devotion, he listens to her, he notices all her likes and habits, and he just shows up. How can you resist a guy like that? Plus, they are opposites, Flynn is the life of the party, Rory the wallflower. They complement each other perfectly! It was a delightful read from start to finish, so of course, five stars.
Thanks to the author for such an entertaining and delicious book, and many thanks for not spending a gazillion pages on sex scenes, just showing a hint. The book is all about the story and I love that.
Purchase links
https://amzn.to/4esK7hx
About the author
C.W. Farnsworth is the author of numerous adult and young adult romance novels featuring sports, strong female leads, and happy endings.
Charlotte lives in Rhode Island and when she isn't writing spends her free time reading, at the beach, or snuggling with her Australian Shepherd.
Connect with Charlotte
Website: https://authorcwfarnsworth.com
Goodreads: https://bit.ly/485RndP
Amazon: https://amzn.to/4agSCsy
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cwfarnsworth/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cwfarnsworthbooks
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/authorcwfarnsworth/
TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@authorcwfarnsworth


No comments:
Post a Comment